At our district’s last two DEC (District Executive Council) meetings, I discussed two positions in each division that I’d like to see filled next year. The Assistant Division Governor for Marketing and the Assistant Division Governor for Public Relations.
These jobs would not be “Alternate Division Governor” jobs, but would instead have specific focus for supporting marketing and PR efforts in a given geographical area. Below are short job descriptions, to help members understand what it would take to fill these positions. The target member for one of these positions is a past Area Governor, but that would not be a requirement, just a recommended experience.
Also, these would not be positions that would be expected to move up in succession to Division Governor. These would simply be one or two-year speciality positions to help support our efforts to Extend the Network of Toastmasters in District 22.
Assistant Division Governor for Marketing
– Works with the Lt. Governor Marketing and PR team to develop a strong marketing program to build new clubs in corporations and communities within the division
– Assists and coordinates the marketing strategies and activities necessary to achieve division growth objectives
– Helps division governor in implementing division programs to assist clubs and bring them up to a level of 20 or more members
– Coordinates rescue of weak clubs; assists area governors in finding club coaches for clubs with twelve or fewer members
– Submit one contact letter to a company in your division per month (like Jack Mackey’s example letters)
– Attend all demo meetings in your division (as possible w/real job requirements)
– Maintain list of potential Sponsors, Mentors, and Coaches in your Division
Assistant Division Governor for Public Relations
– Works with District Public Relations Officer (PRO)
– Assists Marketing team to develop a strong public relations program to build new clubs in corporations and communities within the division
– Assists marketing team and Division Governor to develop club leads
– Works with Division Governor and Area Governors to support publicity efforts
– Maintain media list for your geographic area (newspapers, TV stations, and local Web resources)
– Assist PRO with Press Releases and scheduling local media activities
– Submit one press release per month
– Schedule one local interview (radio or TV) for each membership effort (Smedley, Talk up TM, and Beat the Clock)
– Submit one article for the Gavel per quarter